Digital marketing refers to the use of channels and techniques for connecting and influencing potential customers on digital platforms like the Internet. Technological advancements have changed the face of every day. Internet, social media, smartphones are key factors in changing the game. Marketing techniques have adapted to this change, and the result is digital marketing. The digital marketing industry is growing at the speed of light due to high demands. Therefore, a career in digital marketing has become a popular choice, especially among Millenials.
As you all know, now we are completely dependent on the internet. The Internet has become a part of our daily lifestyle. Nowadays everything happens on the internet, without internet life has no meaning, overall we can’t survive without the internet in today’s generation and that’s why having a career in digital marketing generates so many career opportunities. In this scenario, we can easily market our product and services with the help of the internet and this gave rise to digital marketing, all thanks to digitalization it has changed the world, people are becoming smarter and more intellectual.
What is Digital Marketing?
In a simpler language, Digital Marketing is the marketing of products or services using the ease and comfort of digital marketing. It helps you achieve brand value for your product or business that too in a short period. Digital marketing is a very vast concept. At which speed the technology is growing is unbelievable, whether it is social media or new mobile technology every day is a new challenge or competition.
A digital marketing professional is involved in multiple aspects of marketing. The general areas they deal with include marketing automation, blogging, brand management, web designing, web development, social media marketing, etc. A professional may not be an expert in all aspects of marketing but must be well-versed in at least one or two of them.
That’s why it’s not possible to list out all the main function areas or factors of digital marketing, a few are mentioned below.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Writing
- Mobile and SMS Marketing
- Growth Hacking
Do you want to choose a career option in which you can progress a lot?
A career in which there is a lot of opportunities and will always move forward without any doubt, Yes, you got me right digital marketing is the sector that’s rapidly growing, as nowadays everybody wants to make and grow their identity. There are many aspects of digital marketing that we can learn with ease and interest, and it is very wide. Therefore, making a career in digital marketing is the safest and most secure field.
Skills of a Digital Marketing Professional
If you aspire to pursue a career in digital marketing, you must be self-motivated to learn about the latest trends in the industry, enthusiastic about constructing a favorable brand image, and passionate to build everlasting relationships with customers. A professional in the field has the knowledge and skills to make the best use of the power of the Internet for writing blogs, creating eye-catching social media content, conducting advertising campaigns, making web pages, etc. Some of the positions for digital marketing professionals include-
- Brand Manager
- Social Media Marketer
- Search Expert
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist
- Web Designer
- Professional blogger
- Email Marketer
- Online Content Developer, etc.
As now you can see that digital marketing can provide you the widest range of options to choose from.
Digital Marketing is the future of business as now everything is growing over the internet or you can say the world is becoming digital so it will be easier to approach people or audiences digitally. And not slowly but rapidly this will take over all the old marketing techniques that businesses are using.
Big and small businesses are progressively moving away from routine showcasing strategies and towards advanced digital procedures. As a result, the demand for a digital marketer is ever-growing and this fills also generates high employment opportunities.
A career in digital marketing
With the sharp increase in the popularity of the Internet, business houses nowadays can extensively reach out to a broader public, at any given point of the day. They can influence people with the help of digital mediums and earn revenue in a few clicks. The real-time needs and trends are making the business go digital. This has created an enormous demand for professionals who are well-versed in the art of digital marketing. Business is in the hands of people with the knowledge and expertise to creatively utilize the power of the Internet and draw attention to consumers, in turn, bringing sales for the company.
Benefits of a Career in Digital Marketing
- You can begin your career at a low cost: For being a digital marketing professional, you don’t necessarily require enrollment in a university, attending lectures, writing exams, and getting good scores. Having a degree in Digital Marketing will always be more beneficial, but you can manage well with online certifications and courses. They open a wide variety of doors for a rewarding career in digital marketing.
- Rewarding job prospects: According to current trends, the demand for a digital marketing professional is exceeding the supply. A career in digital marketing not only offers a wide variety of job positions but also promises opportunities for promotion and growth. By gaining knowledge about the latest trends and updating skill set accordingly, the journey of a career in digital marketing is incredibly fulfilling.
- Vent to your creativity: The different positions in digital marketing offer enough flexibility to try and experiment with different techniques and methods, and find what fits perfectly for the brand. Your imagination, concerning the current trends in the industry, is the key to a successful career in digital marketing.
- Wide variety for career choices: As you are well aware of the vast variety of options that digital marketing provides you, it doesn’t or will never restrict you to a particular job profile. Even all major leading whether its Google, Yahoo or Facebook provides a wide cluster of work openings. This way you can choose your niche field.
- Growing Salary Digital Marketing Course can help you reach your salary goals in the shortest period with your working experience and skills. Since the scope of digital marketing is expanding rapidly and unbelievably, it’ll unquestionably influence the budgets of people. The demand for a digital marketer is more and the supply being scanty. If you have got the right set of skills and expertise you can easily achieve your salary goals in a limited period as the salaries have been rising over the past few years.
- Flexible Work Environment The working hours are quite flexible in digital marketing you don’t have to work in a 9 to 5-time slot, you can start it as work from home. Mostly all the tasks that you do are based on the internet so there is nothing to worry about the work location.
- Enhances Skills As a digital marketer you get to work on different live projects and each project is different from another one, so it does help to enhance your skills. Every project has its requirements and needs to be taken good care of. If you are someone who is keen to know and learn new techniques and tricks then you have a career in digital marketing. So every new project brings the opportunity to learn and develop the skills.
- Creativity Digital marketing somehow demands a creative mind to set aside the company blog or website. With your creative ideas, you can stand out among the rest of your competitors. It demands creative writing and new or innovative ideas to build up a better-defeating strategy for the competitors. Creative content is the essence of digital marketing, digital marketing helps you to build up your creativity quotient. So now you know that a career in digital marketing helps you build up your skills.
So overall we can say that a career in digital marketing holds all the scope and benefits that take you to better career growth. Just choose your niche field or the field that attracts your attention and you’re good to go, your career will reach heights with utmost sincerity and passion in no time.
Disadvantages of seeking a career in digital marketing
- There is no end to learning: Learning the basics, along with additional courses, is not always enough. Because digital marketing primarily deals with the Internet, a digital marketing professional must be aware of the constant changes in trends of social media, updates in the Google Search Algorithm, and other changes.
- Extensive Competition: The field is all about cut-throat competition. There is a need for constant innovation in your work to attain a leading position.
Security of career in digital marketing
It can be said with no doubt that digital marketing offers a promising career. The high rate of internet usage by consumers, surging, and digitalization of business is utterly unavoidable. Whether the company is small or big, surviving without digital marketing is very difficult. All companies are in urgent need of professionals who can represent their brand creatively across different social media platforms, and get potential and actual consumers. There are almost 640 million internet users in India, and the number is expected to grow to 635 million by 2021. Therefore, not focusing on online marketing and digital marketing is impossible. The vast opportunities go hand in hand with increasing demand. The aggregate income of a digital marketing professional is Rs. 8,13,003 per annum. The salary at entry-level is 3 Lakhs per annum. The hike in the salary for a career in digital marketing is dependent on years of experience.
There is no rigid path for entering the field of digital marketing. Because of multiple short term professional online and offline courses, students or professionals from any background can join the domain.
A vital skill required for this career is imagination. It helps in coming up with effective campaigns that help to reach maximum consumers. Another important skill required is content writing. It helps to communicate with consumers on a personal level.
Digital marketing is a fast-growing industry. The technological pinnacle and success of the Internet have resulted in high demand for digital marketing professionals. It can be one of the most promising careers, provided if you possess the relevant skills.