It is very easy to understand What is Digital Marketing! It is the Process to promote the business, products, or brands via one or more forms of electronic media.
Digital Media is an online platform, which is different from Traditional Marketing.
In this article “What is digital marketing”, we will explain all major factors of Digital Marketing.
What is Traditional Marketing
Traditional Marketing is the old Process of marketing, which is dependent on any type of promotion, advertisement, and campaign that has been in use by companies for years.
It has a proven success rate.
Traditional marketing methods use print advertisements in which newsletters, billboards, pamphlets, and newspaper printing ads and other kinds of print media.
Other terms of traditional marketing are televisions or commercials, as well as the radio, which advertises a business, product or services.
Disadvantages of Traditional Marketing
- Higher Price
- Spending Much Time on it.
- Typically harder to target a niche audience.
- You can only use limited information for the advertisement.
- Wait weeks or months for the response after the advertisement.
- You can’t check reviews of your audience.
Importance of Digital Marketing
Today Everybody knows about that world is changing rapidly towards the digital platform to become digital and they are using digital media to connect to each other and to the world.
Because of that, we write this article “What is digital marketing” only and only for explaining about digital marketing’s importance.
Promote the business using the digital platform to make it higher in this digital world.
It is more affordable and less time-consuming process to grow your business on the digital platform.
You should only use the digital platform to grow your business not any type traditional technique to grow a business and believe me that your business will grow fast as compare to traditional marketing.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
After talking about what is digital marketing, we talk about benefits of it which are following:
- Digital marketing helps you to increase your business area in all over the world.
- Helps in increasing brand awareness.
- Cost effective.
- Based totally on Performance.
- It generates potential business prospective Clients.
- With the help of Digital Marketing, you can easily target your audience.
- By this, you can track and monitor your marketing campaigns to improve performance.
- In Digital Marketing doesn’t need to invest a lot of money in traditional Marketing.
Types of Digital Marketing:
In the case of increasing traffic, generally, we use two methods to promote and increase traffic on the website.
Customers reach us rather than we approaching or forcing them.
Let’s understand it by an example; Suppose we have written an eBook on “How to Increase Traffic on our Website Free of Cost” and uploaded that on various eBook directories, on our blog and on our some websites.
Now, let’s say that Mr. X has just begun with his startup and he is looking to market himself online. But, because of the startup, he has less budget for marketing.
So what Mr. X does? he goes to Google and searches for “How to get traffic on the website for free”.
As a result, the eBook may rank on the first page on Search Engine Result Page (SERP) and most probably Mr. X will download our eBook.
While reading our eBook Mr. X visits our website. That is an example of inbound marketing.
In Inbound marketing, we write content and wait for people who will reach us after reading content. Though inbound may result in less traffic, in comparison to outbound marketing, it has the high conversion rate.
Reaching out to your prospects or your customer’s yourselves.
For an example, we have lists of e-mail Ids. We prepare a nice email for all email Ids for marketing of our any product or a website with our website link and shoot emails.
As a result, some of the people which are present in the list or collection of lists, open our email and clicks on our website URL. This is what outbound is.
Another example; can be advertising on yahoo.com or gmail.com, Both gets lots of traffic.
Some of its visitors see your advertisement, click on it and land on your website’s landing page.
In which we use some other techniques to promote a business or a product:
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Email Marketing (EM)
- Mobile Marketing (MM)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Affiliate Marketing (AM)
- Content Marketing (CM)
- Display Advertisement (DA)
- Blogging (Article Writing)
Digital Marketing Tools
In digital Marketing, we will use some tools to promote our business or products.
These tools will help you to increase traffic on your website or help in increasing customers. Some tools are following:
- Keyword Planner Tool: With the help of this tool, you can find more and more keywords to increase traffic by using them.
- MailChimp Tool: It will use for email marketing to shoot emails in bulk.
- Google Analytics Tool: It will use to track everything on your website like total Numbers of visitors, traffic source, keywords, etc.
- Google Webmaster Tool: It uses for indexing and optimizing visibility of a website or a group of websites. It is also called Google Search Console by Google.
- Google Adsense Tool: With the help of it, we have to approve our website or any other YouTube channel for advertisement by Google.
- Page Speed Test Tool: It will help you to increase your site speed by measuring the performance of your website on mobile and desktop. For your website speed, it will provide you 0-100 points.
All above tools are free to use.
You can use them without investing money.
Hope, now you have clarity about what is digital marketing also about tools, benefits, and types?
If you have any query related to this article or want to know more about digital marketing and digital marketing course just comment below on this page.